Learner Support Policy
The Learner Support Policy acts in accordance with the core principals set by the governing body Ofsted. These principals include:
To ensure that the provision of learner support is appropriate to meet the principles set out as above, we will:
Provide relevant pre-entry information and guidance about our work-based learning programmes including:
- Course overview
- Attainment requirements
- Delivery methods and assessments
- Provide information on the range of support available, both internal and external, and how to access this. The level of support will be in accordance with an individual’s needs, their programme and funding available.
- Encourage all prospective learners and, where necessary, their parents/carers to discuss their learning needs and aspirations with Progress to Excellence Ltd staff at every stage of the learner journey. This will assist in planning appropriate learner support.
- Provide all learners with an opportunity to disclose any learning difficulties/disabilities on application and/or at enrolment or at any point during their time with Progress to Excellence Ltd.
- Review the individual learner’s needs that are identified at the start of their programme and provide appropriate resources and/or strategies to respond to those needs effectively.
- Monitor the learner’s progress of achievement through assessment, planning and review.
- Where identified, provide a range of additional learning support to learners aged 16-25 with special educational needs or disabilities.
- Provide ongoing support, advice and guidance to individuals to allow them to progress. This support is available for individuals that have been identified as experiencing difficulties with personal, emotional, social or educational needs.
- Make reasonable adjustments to ensure that the learner’s needs are met at every stage of the pre-entry, enrolment and on-programme process.