Co-investment Employers

Non-levy paying employers

If you are an employer with a pay bill of less than £3 million a year, you will not need to pay the levy and fall under the co-investment model. This means that the government will fund 95% of the apprenticeship training costs, and you will fund the remaining 5% of these costs, which starts at just £75.00. You will pay your training provider directly for this, and your training provider will then claim the rest of the funding from the government as your staff member progresses through their apprenticeship qualification.

The government also offers at £1,000 incentive payment to employers who train a 16-18 year old (or up to 24 if the learner has previously been in care or who has a local authority education, health and care plan). This is to try and encourage employers to recruit new talent into their business via an apprenticeship, as well as up skilling existing staff using this training route.

What can you use apprenticeships for?

Apprenticeships are a great way to attract new talent into your business, and our free Apprenticeship Recruitment Service can help you source and recruit the very best new recruits for your business.

Apprenticeships are available at levels 2 – 7, making them a great way to support your staff to climb the career ladder. There is no upper age limit to apprenticeships and as long as the apprenticeship is in an area which is different to any other qualifications that your staff may have, they should be eligible.

We can work with you to develop training packages that will help aid your staff progression, ultimately helping with staff retention and the overall success of your business.

Find out more

To find out more about how apprenticeships can benefit your business and using your DAS account, contact our friendly team who will be happy to help.