Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early years educator) Level 3
This qualification is designed for professionals looking to become Early Years Educators
This course aims to support individuals to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
The course will:
- Provide a broad background understanding of the early learning workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- Allow you to learn, develop and practice selected skills required for progression in the sector
- Provide an awareness of the range of jobs and work settings in the early learning sector
- Enable learners to make an informed assessment of their own aptitude for work in this sector and to make informed decisions about careers
- Encourages learners to reach a level of knowledge and skills that will facilitate progress into further vocational learning or to potential employment in the sector
- Introduces learners to the discipline of the working environment and to encourage mature attitudes to the community in general
- Encourages learners to value continued learning and remain in the learning process
Who can do this course?
Professionals looking to work with children from birth to 5 years of age and who would like to gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years can should study this course.
Course duration and attendance
This apprenticeship lasts for 18 months. Over the length of your course, you will receive face to face visits from your assessor at your workplace. You will also receive contact via telephone, email and Skype (through our e-portfolio system, OneFile). To learn more about our e-portfolio system, visit www.onefile.co.uk. Please contact us to discuss in more detail.
There will also be some self-study elements, however, your tutor will offer advice and guidance around this.